The Dzongkha keyboard in macOS allows Bhutanese users and those interested in the Dzongkha language to type and communicate in their native script with ease.
Whether you’re a Bhutanese expatriate, a language enthusiast, or just someone who wants to explore new languages, this guide will walk you through the steps to enable and use the Dzongkha keyboard on your Mac.
If you try installing the Unicode software available on the Dzongkha Development Commission’s website on the Apple Silicon Mac machines, it will not work! Even if you are using Intel-chipped macOS, this installation is not required.
If you are stuck with this issue, here is the solution.
Enabling the Dzongkha Keyboard
To enable the Dzongkha keyboard on macOS, follow these simple steps:
- Click on the Apple menu in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Select “System Preferences” or “System Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- In the System Settings window, click on “Keyboard.”
- Go to the “Input Sources” tab, and click the ‘+’ (plus) button at the bottom left to add a new keyboard layout.
- In the search bar, type “Dzongkha”‘
- You should see an option for “Dzongkha”. Select it and click “Add.”
- The Dzongkha keyboard layout is now added to your input sources.
Enabling and using the Dzongkha keyboard in macOS is a great way to connect with the Bhutanese culture and language.
Whether you’re communicating with friends and family in Bhutan, studying Dzongkha, or just exploring new linguistic horizons, accessing the Dzongkha keyboard on your Mac, Windows PC or smartphone can be a valuable and rewarding experience.
By following the steps outlined in this guide and practising your Dzongkha typing skills, you’ll be well on your way to effectively using this beautiful and unique script. Enjoy your journey into the world of Dzongkha language and culture!